Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2011

The Dangers of Parque Paraiso, Oh My! By Star

I'm about two years old and mom says I'm resembling a teenager trying to be independent and not listening to her and dad all the time when they call. And, as a teenager I guess, I'm learning (or perhaps not) that this may lead to trouble.

As you know from previous posts, I just LOVE Parque Paraiso. What is not to love about this gorgeous park, really?


And now that I'm allowed off the leash when I go there I can run, smell, and get all the exercise I need and want. We go to Parque Paraiso every day and most of the time I play catch with mom and dad or play with other dogs, if they are around. I'm pretty good and most of the time I come when mom or dad call. But once in a while... well... you know... I may go deaf.

The other day we went to the park late in the morning when there weren't that many people around. I had woken up a bit frisky and although I had been running around for almost an hour I wasn't quite ready when mom and dad said that it was time to go. They trusted me and left me off the leash as we started to leave the park. And then we walked by the chickens... we always go past the chickens on our way out.



But this time they were not where they were supposed to be, like in the above picture. They were running  around the park as if they owned it, and the rooster was up on a metal structure used by people to exercise making all kinds of noises and enticing me to play with him.

All the chickens were frisky and so we started a game of chase. I was after the chickens and mom and dad were after me. But then the danger came when the owner of the chickens came after me also and she was very angry and mean. She threw a small stick at me and then she went for a big piece of wood like a 2x4. My mom told her not to throw it at me but she was determined. Finally I decided I better listen and let mom catch me and put me on the leash. Mom was very angry at me and at the lady who was really going to hurt me. She told dad that she probably would have ended up in jail if that lady had hit me with that big piece of wood because she was sure she would have hit the lady back. People had come to watch the chase of the chickens and the crazy gringos and the lady with the stick and they were laughing at the whole thing.

I pretended to be sorry but deep inside I couldn't help it ... I had a big smile.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I can't believe you had to go through that. I would have been very upset at the lady if she would hit any dog when she saw that the owners were right there trying to get you. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a teenager. Once, my years ago in the midst of an argument, I asked my daughter why she needed to do it right now. She told me it was because she was 16 and needed to do it, while she still knew everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am at that age of rebellion Mike :-) Susan, you had to see my mom; she was ready to kill :-) Thanks for the comments guys!

    ReplyDelete